Cost / Insurance
Do you accept insurance?
We do not accept insurance, as our treatments are designed to be affordable! We are a cash-only clinic, and your first visit is estimated at $400
What does it cost to work with you?
New patient consults $399.
Follow-up consultations (For existing patients only) are billed in the block increments below.
- 45-60 minute follow-up: $299
- 30-45 minutes follow-up: $225
- 1-30 minutes follow-up $150
Consultations are typically recommended every 4-5 weeks to ensure optimal compliance and support is given.
New patient consults with the new patient consult coordinator $325
It depends on how many test kits are recommended (typically 1-4), but we always recommend that if there are any budgetary concerns, clients start with their first test.
Body System 1 Test (Hormone System): Range between $100-$450.
Body System 2 Test (Digestion & Infections): Around $400
Body System 3 Test (Detox, Nutrients & Toxicity): $300-$450
Test recommendations are specifically recommended at the time of new patient consults and follow consults. Our recommendations are based on getting the optimal information depending on what the patient is dealing with health-wise.
All of our recommendations can be adjusted and consolidated to help meet the patient’s budget. Doing something is always better than nothing; creating a program where at least 1 test can be taken is a great starting point.
Supplement recommendations can range between $50 to $400 per month. Supplements are recommended specifically on a case-by-case basis depending on patients’ individual body system lab testing for their hormones, digestion, infections, detox, and nutritional deficiencies. It’s also dependent on what phase of care the patient may be in, as some phases of care overlap. This may occur when infections are being addressed while supporting the adrenal and digestion.
The factors that can influence supplement recommendations also include the patient’s current diet, lifestyle, sleep, work, and home stress. Other variables can include your age and how long you have been dealing with health challenges for.
Supplementation recommendations can also be adjusted to a patient’s budget. The biggest issue is making sure expectations are managed. The more health challenges a patient is currently dealing with may require more supplementation to help accelerate their healing.
How much do the lab tests cost?
Body System 1 Tests (Hormone System): Range between $100-$375.
Body System 2 Tests (Digestion & Infections): Around $400
Body System 3 Tests (Detox & Nutrients): $440
Test recommendations are specifically recommended at the time of new patient consults and follow consults. Our recommendations are based on getting the optimal information depending on what the patient is dealing with healthwise. All of our recommendations can be adjusted and consolidated to help meet the budget of the patient. Doing something is always better than nothing, creating a program where at least 1 test can be taken is a great starting point.
Why was I charged a lab interpretation fee?
The labs that we order already include the interpretation fee included in the price. If labs are ordered outside of the clinic, an additional lab interpretation fee will be added to the invoice as additional time outside of the consult is needed for review.
Does my new patient consultation fee include follow ups, test kits and supplements?
The new patient consultation is an assessment of your health and recommendations on what tests are required to understand the state of your body systems. The new patient consultation fee does not include any follow-ups, test kits, or supplements. It does include extensive wellness resources, including videos, books, and handouts accessible.
What does your process look like?
How long are the consultations?
1-30 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle, and the supplement program.
Troubleshoot any issues with your functional medicine program. This appointment type does not provide enough time to review lab work.
30-45 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle, and the supplement program. 1-2 labs test may be reviewed during this time.
45-60 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle, and the supplement program. 3-4 labs test may be reviewed during this time. *Patients are charged for the time block used, not the time scheduled.
What is the goal of the new patient consultation?
It’s important to highlight the goal of the new patient consultation is to gather information about the patient that will help guide diet, lifestyle, supplement, and lab recommendations that may be made initially. As patients engage in follow-up consults, diet recommendations will be refined as feedback from the patients and labs are received. We will use the new patient paperwork as starting point to dive deeper into the patient’s specific health issues. Some patients expect to get more info out of the new patient consult, but the expectation is really that the doctor receives more info about you to help guide our long-term treatment plan (which will be reviewed more thoroughly when labs are in).
Our staff will address the following during the new patient consult:
- What has worked and what hasn’t worked: To get a sense of what has worked in the past and what hasn’t worked in the past regarding previous practitioners and self-work. Our goal is to do more of what has worked and less of what hasn’t worked. This information is also very meaningful in regard to coming up with a plan for how we move forward.
- Complete metabolic history: To get a complete view of your metabolic history (Gut health, respiration, neurological, etc.). This can give us clues in what direction we should head in. This also helps us prioritize diet, lifestyle, and lab recommendations. Also, previous history from parents and relatives also helps provide very important information as well.
- Diet and lifestyle history: To get a sense of your previous diet, lifestyle, movement, sleep, and lifestyle habits. This gives us a starting point regarding how much support you may need in upcoming consultations. Many people may need additional follow-up support regarding diet and lifestyle until they can show the doctor a level of competence in these areas. Some patients may be doing great and need very little support. Our goal is to create a customized program that meets each patient where they are at.
- Old labs: To briefly review old labs (If any) to get a sense of what has been on the radar with previous doctors. Some patients may only have a few labs, which can be reviewed at the new patient consult (New labs will require a follow-up consultation as they need to be reviewed more in-depth so protocols can be created from them) Some patients may have dozens of pages of lab results and typically need to be reviewed at the follow-up consult. We put more weight on labs within the last year and, of course, any labs where values have been outside of the conventional lab ranges. Our doctors will review your labs from a conventional perspective but also interpret the labs through an optimal health range perspective too.
- New labs: Once we have gathered the information from above, we will be able to prioritize and recommend specific new functional medicine lab tests to help us assess the function of your body systems (Hormones, gut/infections, and detox). These labs help provide us with more information to determine the root cause of your health challenges. The more labs we can order up front (typically 1-4 labs based on your body systems), the better we will be able to create a comprehensive functional medicine program that works. If you would like to pull back or increase the lab or supplement recommendations out of the gate, please keep an open dialogue with Dr. J and the office so we can calibrate our recommendations to your specific needs.
Important Notes: The most important thing is we at least work on taking small steps in the right direction of healing. Some patients may need to go slower out of the gates for many reasons, and some may want to go faster; both are ok. Some patients may expect a full treatment program right after their new patient consult; this is impossible as new labs haven’t been ordered, and more data is needed to be collected before this can happen.
To review new labs in-depth at the new patient consult is not possible due to the time involved; we only briefly review old labs to get a sense of red flag issues that are already on our radar to help better guide new lab recommendations.
A full treatment plan will typically occur at the follow-up consult and will be adjusted as we address each individual body system and more data comes in at future consults. If patients’ have realistic expectations entering the new patient consult, it allows us to work better together and improves our chances of helping you achieve your health goals.
When are follow up consults?
Follow-up consults happen 1-2 weeks after the new patient consult and typically 1x per month thereafter.
Most course corrections and patient issues happen in the first 1-2 weeks, where we can adjust and ensure the diet is being followed, supplements are being calibrated and dosed correctly, lab instructions are followed, and to ensure all other clinical questions or patient issues are addressed. If this consult is missed, we find patients need additional time to address these issues at the monthly follow-up consult. The longer a patient is off course, there is loss of momentum with the patient’s healing.
Typically 4-5 weeks after the new patient’s consult, labs will be reviewed, and a supplement program created. Monthly follow-ups consults afterwards will allow for adjustments to be made and the graduation to new phases within the functional medicine program.
What types of lab tests are required?
Depending on the type of test, the samples required are saliva, urine, or stool. All tests are completed by the client through easy test kits that are self-administered in the comfort of your own home.
Do I have to take all the tests recommended at once?
The number of labs recommended will depend on your individual situation including the number of issues you struggle with and the length of time you have been experiencing them, but the range is 1-4 lab tests.
How many labs are required per person?
The number of labs recommended will depend on your individual situation, including the number of issues you struggle with and the length of time you have been experiencing them, but the range is 1-4 lab tests.
How long does it take to get results?
Results vary by each person. Some people feel dramatic improvement within the first month; others may take a bit longer. Our standard programs are for a minimum of 6 months. Remember, your body didn’t fail overnight. Years of stress and illness take their toll, and it takes a proper amount of time to restore. On average, it takes one month of repair for each year you’ve suffered from a specific problem.
How are your methods different from other practitioners?
Our methods address the 5 most chronic symptoms of weight gain, fatigue, depression, hormone imbalances, and digestive problems that are typically misunderstood/misdiagnosed by conventional medicine practitioners who attempt to address the symptoms, not the root cause/damaged system. Our Method is a lab-based natural health protocol that tests and identifies the dysfunction of the 3 core main body systems. Typically these 3 main systems have become compromised long BEFORE the symptoms appeared. The lab tests are used to determine the required natural support needed to rebalance your body back to its normal state.
Is functional medicine safe?
Yes! Functional medicine is an approach to health care that marries the latest scientific advances with the wisdom of holistic healing traditions, which means it is science-based and safe.
Is hormone replacement dangerous?
The risks of taking HRTs are generally low and may vary depending on the type you take, how long you take it for, and your health condition. Dr. Baird can help you minimize the risks if you’re thinking about starting HRT or are already taking it.
Is it safe to use Testosterone Replacement?
Yes. Researchers worldwide found that testosterone does not cause prostate cancer. In addition, they determined that a study showing this treatment increases the risk of heart attack was incorrect—in fact, it lowers the risk.
The same is true for stroke, dementia, cancer, and bone fractures. One study even found that men with low testosterone were 88 % more likely to die.
Pay just $89 for your first Contour Light® consult session
Normally $249 for a single session, pay only $89 for your first Contour Light® session and initial measurements before your Contour Light® treatment. In addition, we will include the add-ons of the face mask treatment and a vibration plate session as well to get you off to a good start.*
*First-time customers only.
Normal price is $249 for a single session.